- Yangambi is the top selling brand for oil palm seeds in Malaysia with the biggest market share at 43% of seed supplies.
- We have more than 40 years’ experience in oil palm breeding and have started our oil palm seed production since 1970.
- Currently 70% is for the external non-Felda market.
- These high yielding seeds were developed through conventional breeding and lately augmented by biotechnology which consists of deciphering the genetics of oil palm, sequencing and annotating the oil palm genome.
- It makes FGVAS’s Felda Yangambi the premium oil palm planting material in Malaysia.
- The targets for oil palm breeding are to maintain the superiority of Yangambi oil palm planting materials and to produce only proven planting materials to achieve high oil yield potential.
Awarded by Asia Pacific Brands Foundations (APBF) the Brand Laureate SMER’s Chapter Award for the Best Brand in Agriculturew-Oil Palm Geminated Seeds for 2008 – 2009 and Brand Specialty Awards for Best Brand in Brand Innovation in 2010 – 2016