FGV Pandan Coconut Seedlings Background
FGV pandan coconut seed garden was established in 2018 from selected mother palms that are more than 20 years of production with consistent high yield and strong pandan arom in the fruit.
These palms were certified as genuine pandan coconut mother palms by Department of Agriculture under the Scheme of Planting Material Validation (Skim Pengesahan Bahan Tanaman).
Production of FGV genuine pandan coconut seedlings that have certified by Department of Agriculture by Scheme of Planting Material Validation was started in 2019 at Tun Razak Agricultural Research Station based in Jerantut, Pahang.
Specifications & Advantages Of FGV Pandan Coconut Seedlings
- The age of the seedlings are about 4 months and above after germination
- The height of seedlings are 2 feet (60 cm) and above
- Minimum of 4 leaves and above that ready to be transplanting into polybag or field planting
- The seedlings performed strong pandan aroma in both of the eaves and roots
- The seedlings are produced from the certified high yielding mother palms that potentially to produce more than 100 nuts/tree/year
- The maturity of the seedlings are about 30-36 months after field planting
- Our pandan coconut seed garden is isolated from other coconut varieties to ensure the high purity of our pandan coconut seedlings
- All of our 2,198 pandan coconut mother palms have been certified by Department of Agriculture under the Scheme of Planting Material Validation (SPBT)
- All of our pandan seedlings are certified genuine by Department of Agriculture under the Scheme of Planting Material Validation (SPBT)
- We are among the nursery in Malaysia that certified by Department of Agriculture on both of our pandan coconut seed garden and pandan coconut seedlings under the Scheme of Planting Material Validation (SPBT)
- We have dedicated technical team to ensure the quality control to produce genuine pandan coconut seedlings